Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Painting myself into a corner


Sometimes, in order to get something done, I paint myself into a figurative corner. In this case, I decided that I'd volunteer to have a quilt up for the mother's weekend quilt show here at WSU in April in order to get this wall hanging finished. When it's done, the tucks (which have different shades of blue in a gradation on the bottom of the tucks as well) will go one way and another to make another design against the background.

This is what I did with some of the fabrics that I decorated with the Shiva paint sticks and the rubbing templates. I don't really need more coasters, but I wanted to see what they'd look like after free-motion quilting. It may be that the guys at work get coasters next Christmas even though they'll look at me and go, "Huh." (They're a bunch of nerds, but they're my bunch of nerds.)

No comments: